Side Skirt Extensions [VW (MK7/MK7.5) GTI]
- CNC Laser cut 5052 Aluminum for precision fitment
- (+/- 0.003”) that flows seamlessly with the factory side skirts
- Texture black powder coat finish to blend with OEM trim
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Precision placed mounting holes
- Jack point pinch weld cut aways to ensure plenty of room for access
- Jack arrow cut aways to aid in installation and to ensure flush fitment when installed
- EASY installation, no removal of OEM side skirts!
- Does not fit with factory Splash Guards
- Made in the USA!
- Rennwagen Side Skirt Extensions (pair)
- Rennwagen Side Skirt Winglets (optional add on +$50.00)
- Black Stainless Steel Hardware
- Rennwagen Decal
- Installation Guide
2015-2021 VW GTI
Why Aluminum and not Plastic?
That's a great question!
First of all, Aluminum is far more durable than plastic.
Besides looking and feeling more premium than plastic, aluminum is also better at conducting heat. Plastic on the other hand, gets soft when it warms up. This results in heavier scratches, gouges, and possibly worst of all (for us car people anyway) it warps. Environmentally speaking, Aluminum can withstand longer-term use and makes it perfect to be reused or repurposed (almost infinitely). In fact, about 75% of Aluminum ever made is still in use today! When looking from an environmental standpoint, plastic is much more hazardous than aluminum.